Saturday, November 10, 2007

Big Day Out @ Jurong BirdPark


Top prize was an Ipod Shuffle. Not just one, but one for each member in the team. Only the first team to complete the race with all ten correct answers would walk away with that. The second to tenth team to accomplish the task would take home some hampers. There were goody bags for all, so not too bad actually.

I am talking about the Amazing Race organised by Little Red Dot and Jurong BirdPark on Friday, 9 Nov. Pure publicity stunts by the two organisations to be frank, but I like the idea! =D I do not know the exact figure, but I estimate that there were at least 30 schools and more than 500 pupils. We managed to assemble 3 teams - Brotherhood, The Five and Young Teens. Seriously, the group names were not interesting enough. I would prefer names like "Not Confirmed", "Kungfu Baby" and such... Something unique... xD

As usual, I had my Sony Cybershot T10 with me. (",) I was ambitious to think that I could follow them from point to point and take pictures. I only realised the truth when the race was flagged off @ 9.30am. Within seconds, I lost sight of all teams! It was chaotic at first. Even the tourists were taken aback by the sudden rush of pesky little monsters around the park. xD But soon, they were tired with the running too... The place is afterall not that big & I ran into the teams one-by-one while walking around. =)

Initially, I was afraid that the kids might turn ugly as they drained themselves out along the way. As in, start blaming & yelling at each other. But I am glad it didn't happen. They are quality pupils! =)

Time seem to pass faster there than in school. Everything was over real soon. Team from Hong Wen Pri took the 1st place and my Ipod Shuffle too! =( Nevertheless, I think the activity is meaningful and interesting! =D

1 comment:

Miss Krafty E said...

of course kungfubaby is a unique name....I'm the ONE and ONLY kungfubaby around! :-)