36 + 2 "environmentalists" (including Marcus' mama and I) responded to the cry from the ailing Earth on the very next day after the end of exam. =)
We embarked on this CIP Seashore mission to Sembawang Park on a sunny Wed morning. It's our 2nd visit there as our school cross-country was held at this very place too in Aug, so they aren't totally unfamiliar with it.
Since we arrived early & work would only start at 9am, the pesky kids had a chance to go wild at the slides and swings at the playground. See pics for proof. =D Then it was time to roll up the sleeves (if there's any) to work! Barely 20 minutes into the task, some were already complaining being tired, hot, thirsty, bored etc.. Obviously spoilt and pampered brats at home! ("<) So some decided to let their feet take a dip in the cool seawater, while some dropped a "I was here" note on the sand. ("!)

Gary's group picked up a bag of dried leaves which we ought to have left it there as they are bio-degradable. And Angelica's group found a floating log somewhere and carried it to me! (PS: I'll only accept it if it's a Christmas log cake!) Ahaha.. =D Jang Wook and Brenwin found a few dead small crabs and a big pincer somewhere. The beach is very clean after 3 classes - 6.7, 6.6 and 6.5's combined effort and I wondered what's there for the next few classes to pick...
Observe Kheng Yi's pic and tell me what u see! xD
I had a fun day running around the park (and taking fotos) and I hope the kids did too. =D Overall I think it was a great opportunity for all to release their bottled stress and nervous tension from the past months of exam preparation.
Of course not forgetting to thank Marcus' mama for always volunteering her service to our excursions - 2 x Science Centre and CIP Seashore to date, and most probably our visit to the Singapore Museum 2 weeks from now.
Stay tune for the schedule of Post-PSLE activities in my next post! (",)

1 comment:
SIX POINT SEVEN ROCKS MY SOCKS :D
Post a Comment