Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Survival of the Fittest



Mama does all the cooking at home, while papa doesn't and can't cook. How many of u are in similar situation? As a result, I took for granted, since young, that men don't need to know that... ("!) Haha.. xD But now I hope I could cook like a great chef! =(

The irony is, some of the world's best chefs are men, and today, we have the chance to prove this argument right again! =D We got to cook! It's part of 6.7's survival training as we were only given very simple camping equipment - mess-tins, solid fuels and a small metal stove. Every group brought their own rice and can food, and we were all ready to start!

Amazingly, many of these spoilt brats whipped up some decent-looking and seemingly-delectable rice n side dishes. As far as I could remember, Jun Wen, Ryan, Aaron, Chuan Chee, Lye Kit, Xin Tian, Zhao Xuan & Kean Wah had their rice "just right", and this was the tricky part, neither too wet nor too dry. =) So what do u observe from the namelist? Mostly boys. Boys seem to be able to cook better! =D Don't say I am bias, we got proof ok! xD (Kimberly wants me to mention that she & Peiling had the rice properly cooked too... =P )

Only one group got their rice burnt and they are, unfortunately, all girls! Hazel, Rebecca and Li Xue... Consider taking up cooking this coming Dec school holiday! Haha.. xD

Hope all of u have enjoyed the cooking process! Never mind if it's burnt, u can always do it again. =)

I think we had a fun-filled day in school, especially with the crazy dodge ball. Fast-moving game and everyone gets to play, including myself! =P My legs are aching though, think I have not exercised for a long time... =( Hmmm...... Shall play again this Friday! So bring your PE attire along! =D

By the way, yesterday was quite a fruitful day too. Our class swept up 5 of 10 teddy bears during Chung Cheng High's recruitment talk. =D I got another one from them as a token of appreciation, but REBECCA MOP kidnapped it! ("<)

We tried out Tchouch (pronounce as "choked") Ball earlier that morning... A relatively unheard of game. The kids apparently were not very sure of the rules... But no problem, they will learn more about it in some secondary schools.

Activities on both days have been compiled into one slideshow. Enjoy!

Tomorrow...... National Museum of Singapore (formerly known as Singapore History Museum). Received positive feedback from other classes who have been there, so stay tune for more updates! =)

No comments: